First AOP-20 Council Virtual Meeting of 2021-22
Thursday December 2, 2021
Voices of “Hope” across the Appalachian region
- Monroe Central High School will shared its story of demonstrating leadership with “Monroe Rising,” which is in collaboration with the larger community county project, Monroe Hope Alliance. (Presenter – Monroe Central Faculty and students). See the presentation slides here.
- Ohio University Zanesville – is reaching out to students, assisting and mentoring those who are launching their careers as they establish their identities. (Presenter – Corey Kundert, Ohio University – Zanesville) Download the presentation slides here.
- Regional Work Force Needs – Hear current data relative to the status of area workforce needs. The data are from the work of the Rural Economic Development Initiative (REDI) in conjunction with Purdue and USDA. (Presenter – Gwynn Stewart Community Development Educator and OSU Extension, Noble County). Download the presentation slides here.
- 8th Grade students – 8th grade students, as they are approaching high school, are part of an initiative from MidEast Career and Technology Center program. It helps them envision their future through the completion of self assessments and interest inventories. (Presenter -Jeremy Beardmore, MECTC)
- Major Grant Funds -Tele-health and Mental health services will be provided services to regional schools and students, bringing new opportunities to students in several counties. (Presenter – Amy Luby, MVESC)
Download the Agenda.